Posted on August 28, 2011 in Other by Eating in Sydney.
Time for something a little different. This post isn’t really a restaurant review, it’s more of a ‘nice to know’ article, especially if you love cycling. Created by SydneyCycleways.net, The Foodie Ride, as the name suggests, brings together cycling and food, which I think is a great combination! Especially now that Summer is nearing and people will soon enjoy more time … Continue Reading
Located on the outskirts of the Sydney CBD, The Australian Youth Hotel sits in the vibrant suburb of Glebe. An area rich with some of Sydney’s best cafes, restaurants and pubs. Having frequented this pub a number of times, and loving their food on almost every occasion, I thought it was time I actually wrote a review of it. Now I … Continue Reading
Posted on July 31, 2011 in Modern Australian by Eating in Sydney.
When it comes to Aussie steakhouses, there are plenty to choose from; Outback Steakhouse, Ribs n Rump, Hog’s Breath, Hurricanes, and those are just the popular ones. My very first experience at a steakhouse was at Outback Steakhouse in Parramatta. I remember being blown away by the ridiculously large portions of steaks, ribs, chicken and even chips. Since then I … Continue Reading
Posted on July 24, 2011 in Malaysian by Eating in Sydney.
BaBa Laksa House is a tiny, food court style, Malaysian restaurant tucked inside The Grace Hotel – a wondrous, heritage listed hotel right in the heart of the Sydney CBD. If you have never heard of BaBa Laksa House, then you could hardly be blamed because this restaurant is almost impossible to notice. The only clue to BaBa Laksa House’s … Continue Reading
The very first Taste Baguette restaurant opened in Surry Hills with a goal of providing the freshest baguettes in Sydney, baked every 15 minutes during lunch and filled with only the freshest ingredients. Since then Taste Baguette has grown to 10 stores, including the one we visited on Sussex Lane off Kent Street in the Sydney CBD. Rare Roast Angus … Continue Reading
I first heard of Mecca Espresso in Sydney Morning Herald’s inaugural Good Cafe Guide 2011, where it was crowned Cafe of the Year! What surprised me about this result was the fact that I had walked past this cafe numerous times without giving it a second thought. From the outside it looks like any other cafe, bar, or bookshop even. What … Continue Reading
Posted on July 9, 2011 in Modern Australian by Eating in Sydney.
Danks Street Depot was one of the first cafe’s to open it’s doors in the now buzzing gastronomic neighbourhood of Waterloo. Just on Danks Street alone you will find the likes of The French House as well as Cafe Sopra. To succeed alongside such stiff competition, Danks Street Depot needs to be on top of its game, which seemed to … Continue Reading
Posted on June 26, 2011 in Italian by Eating in Sydney.
Angelos on the Bay is a beautiful Italian restaurant located in the picturesque Prince Edward Park in Cabarita, Sydney. With sweeping views of the water, combined with the restaurant’s secluded placement, Angelos on the Bay has a very intimate and romantic atmosphere — although this changes drastically whenever there is a private function! We’ve visited Angelos on the Bay a number … Continue Reading
Posted on June 26, 2011 in Other by Eating in Sydney.
French cuisine is undoubtably the No. 1 cuisine in the world. And yes, I am very guilty of not having posted a single French restaurant review to date. Rest assured, though, as I am working on it :) In the meantime, I thought I’d introduce everyone to a wonderful French inspired TV series that premiered last week. SBS’s Food Safari, the … Continue Reading
Clipper Cafe, located in the bustling restaurant precinct on Glebe Point Rd, is an absolute gem of a cafe. You could be excused for walking straight passed it, if not for the loud chatter of a cafe full of happy patrons. Aside from the food, part of charm of Clipper Cafe is it’s white, terrace style, almost European facade that is both … Continue Reading
Stay In Touch
- Me Oi – Strathfield, Vietnamese Restaurant Review
- Dessert Cafes in Central Hong Kong
- Tappo Osteria – Pyrmont, Italian Restaurant Review
- Gumshara Ramen – Sydney CBD, Japanese Restaurant Review
- Ippudo – Sydney CBD, Japanese Restaurant Review
- Sushi Samurai – Pyrmont, Japanese Restaurant Review
- Kingsleys Australian Steakhouse – Sydney CBD, Restaurant Review
- Mejico – Sydney CDB, Mexican Restaurant Review
- Yume Sushi – Gladesville, Japanese Restaurant Review
- Essen Restaurant & Beer Cafe – Ultimo, German Restaurant Review
- MoVida Sydney – Surry Hills, Spanish Restaurant Review
- Lucio Pizzeria – Darlinghurst, Italian Restaurant Review
- The Italian Bowl – Newtown, Italian Restaurant Review
- Restaurant Atelier – Glebe, French Restaurant Review
- Xanthi – Sydney CBD, Greek Restaurant Review
- Mino Sushi & Sake – Willoughby, Japanese Restaurant Review
- Din Tai Fung World Square – Sydney CBD, Chinese Restaurant Review
- Sushi Hotaru – Sydney CBD, Japanese Restaurant Review
- Restaurant 16 – Neutral Bay, Italian Restaurant Review
- Out of Africa – Manly, Moroccan Restaurant Review